Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Thursday, August 28, 2014

I-PAIR YOU Up! A clever way to pair students up!

Picture it.

Present day classroom and you are getting ready for a partner activity! You announce that you will be putting kids into pairs or partners.


Guilty!!! 


You know it happens because chances are you do it, too, when in faculty meetings you are asked to pair up with someone! You probably pair up with someone from your grade level or a friend! 

We are all guilty of it! Our students are no different! Today I wanted to share with you a few easy, quick ways that I pair students up. No tears and no hassle. 











This one simply uses a deck of cards!! No printing, no nothing! 









For this particular pair up, we did some brainstorming on how to problem solve for Ormie the Pig! Have you seen Ormie? It's a cute little video that I use for science on finding a problem, creating a hypothesis, and creating a design. Here is a the video if you want to check it out! The kids LOVE it!!




Look at their clever drawings! 














Maybe you are a techie like me! I also use these two apps on my phone:

Pik me app: 
Cost: Free
I love this app for grouping kids randomly. You can choose how many students for each group. So, if I want 4 kids in each group, It will already group my kids for me. 
The only downside is that it can be a bit confusing to use in regards to inputting names and such and choosing which feature you want. You will have to play around with it a bit. 
You can search for it in the app store. 


Name Selector from Kagan
Cost: 2.99
This is a great app for choosing individual students, table names, anything! It's a little easier to use than the Pik Me app. 
It's available in the app store. 




If you'd like to download the cards for I-PAIR YOU up, click on the picture below to download your FREEBIE! Happy Pairing!


There are three versions (enough for 20 students):




1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Leslie! I can't wait to try out the Kagan app! I love the idea of matching cards too. There are so many possibilities there. Thanks for sharing.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete