Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Florida Snowy Days are here!

Happy New Year Friends! Long time no blog! We've been super busy getting into the swing of things and chugging along! These past 2 weeks we've been studying winter and snow. Kinda funny, right, when I love in Florida but Florida kids need to have some winter fun, too! We started with The Snowy Day and followed Peter on his snowy day adventure. I even found a read aloud online. You can check it out here. I loved the sound effects! We also did a writing and art project. The kids loved the art and painting a snowy scene.







I LOVE how they came out! So adorable! If you'd like to make these, click on the pictures below to download the tracers and writing paper!



Of course, we had to have a snowball fight! Florida style! They had no clue what we were doing! 



I made some buckets of fake snow. 




Then I let them get a handful and off they went! I was only able to get one shot since I had bucket duty but I assure you from the snow covered hair and squeals of delight and laughter, they had a blast! 



This week we started talking about Martin Luther King, Jr. and I don't know about you, but sometimes, I do have difficulty talking about this difficult time in our history. I am not saying that we shouldn't talk about it or discuss it but sometimes kids just don't always understand. I hate having to explain that there was a time when people were segregated and I always get the question, "Why?" Good question, sweetie! It is a good topic for discussion and we always talk about how we should love and treat each other with respect. I always take this time to talk about how Dr. King inspired others for greatness. For my bulletin board display this year, we talked about how they can inspire others in the future. We talked about how our dreams can shape the future. The responses were so sweet (yes, even the one about being Batman! We all need superheroes! ha!). I just posed a few but I loved how it came out. I think I need to change the letters so it pops out more but I love the messages behind their words! Kids are my inspiration!





Click on the picture to download this freebie writing paper! 

The kids loved about about their dreams. They are so important! They love to share their ideas with you and each other! 

Hope you got some great ideas (and freebies!) to help you this week! Have a great week! 

1 comment: