Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Let's GoNoodle!


GoNoodle! Have you heard of it? I promise you that this will change the way you do movement and transitions in the classroom. Now if you are like me and teach primary, we always do some type of movement song (We have done the Tooty Ta, Chicken Dance, Freeze Song, Tony Chesnut-- You name it!). We have to or else our eyes and bodies will twitch at the end of the day! I must look like this at the end of the day some days!! 



I don't know about you but some days, I am barely hanging on! Especially at the end of a a rainy, blustery, cupcake filled, or oh my gosh-- they served ice cream at lunch day!!! 

GoNoodle has been a saver in my classroom as far as brain breaks and movement. My kids ask for it every half hour or in between our transitions because they KNOW-- that's how I roll! We always use some type of music or transition movement in between subject areas. Plus, they added 100 minutes of physical activity into our curriculum in addition to their PE time so this also meets that need (I am so thankful for that! It saves me the time from having to think of ideas!!) And all you need is a computer, a projector, and elements of fun! Best of all, signing up is FREE and you have the option to upgrade to get more options! 

So, how does GoNoodle work? Like I said, it's a free sign up. You sign your kids up here. Once you sign your class up, your class will select a champ. As your class goes through their breaks, they will earn time towards their goal. Once they meet their goal, their champ will grow and change-- They LOVE this!!! It's important they see this-- plus, it's just fun! Then they move onto the next level. Here is a picture of a champ with a level bar. It always shows the students what goals they have met and how far they have to go until the next level. 


So, how do your students meet their brain break goals? Oh my goodness! There are so many choices! It just really depends on what they need. Wanna dance? Sing? Relax? Exercise? 

Here are our Top 5 choices in my class--so far! We've yet to explore all it has to offer. 











Transitions are really tricky for my class this year and I have found that these have really helped to get them refocused and motivated to the next activity. It also keeps them engaged so that they can go onto the next Go Noodle break, too! I love seeing their faces, too, and love hearing them ask for it because I know they enjoy it so much! 

So, go ahead! Go Noodle with us! We are even giving away a FREE one year subscription to their services!!! Go over to the Primary Chalkboard (click on the button below) to take you there and enter! 




No comments:

Post a Comment