Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!


Me and my two monkeys... Aidan (L) and Gabriel (R)! They are the loves of my life and I adore them with all my heart! As Bryan Adams sings.. "Everything I do, I do it for you..." They are like night and day-- Gabriel is very type A and is structured; Aidan is very calm and happy go lucky. Can you guess who takes after me??? Not Aidan!!! Aidan may look like me but is totally Brian in personality-- thank goodness. I cannot have three of me running around this house! LOL!!

My mother's day tea was fabulous! Most of the moms came and it was just a sweet time together. They came in and the kids presented them with their tea ladies hats (for this idea and more check out my previous post), and then they were served light refreshments by their own students. 













Afterward, they had some activities to choose from:


The kids got to paint nails and give chair massages... Sorry that I didn't get pictures but I will and post them! It was so cute to see. I will tell you that only the girls participated in the nail painting but I know they gave great chair massages!!!


I cut out foam mustaches, glasses, hats, whatever was fun and put them on a stick and they had so much fun playing around!! Here is my cutie playing around!

This was a really sweet one! They were to write a sweet note to their child and vice versa. I kinda left this one alone and didn't take pictures or really read them but some of the notes from the moms were long and I could tell were so heartfelt! Awe!!! Here is a copy if you would like to keep it for next year! Just click on the picture for your download from Google Drive. 


All in all, it was a great morning! The moms loved their gifts and I cried, like I always do as I thanked them for the opportunity of being their child's teacher. I have to say that I really LOVE this class and I will truly miss them when they move up. I have tried to prepare them as much as I can and they are ready to spread their wings and go! So I am going to enjoy these last few instructional weeks with them! 

Next week I am starting my ocean unit then after that will do a week of SHARKS!!! for the boys! They love it! I like to separate ocean animals (fish, hermit crabs, star fish) and sharks because there is so much content you can teach with both. 

I will be posting about a mini shark unit in a few days! Here is a cute craft I do that week. Shark Jaws!!! There are no directions on the website on how to make it so I just free handed a jaw pattern to cut on a paperplate.  Fun times!!


Hope you all have a relaxing Mother's Day with your families! Enjoy your day together! It will just be me and  my 2 little ones tomorrow  (The life of a pilot's wife can be lonely...)! We will go to my Mom and Dad's and have lunch with them... SO thankful for my mom because she helps me so much and just adores the boys! 







5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Your Mother's Day Tea was just adorable! Loveeee the ideas!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! It was a fun tea party!! Hope you had a great mother's day, too! We will have to get together over the summer and work on TPT/ blog stuff!! Love ya!!

      Delete
  3. I love to do something special for my mom every mother’s day. This time thinking of having a lovely lunch party at one of local San Francisco venues where all my family members and some friends will be invited. Very excited for the day.

    ReplyDelete