Pages

My latest "Pinter-ations!"

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Leibster Award Nomination!


My sweetest friend, Amy from 24-7 Teacher

24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

nominated me for the Leibster Award. Now at first I had one of these:


Leibster is a German term that means beloved, cute, lovely, dearest, and welcome! And it's a way for the blogging community to embrace other bloggers and for you, the readers to find and connect with new blogs and friends. But we all know that after a while friends become family! That's what I always say! My first grade team became my sisters after a month of teaching together! That's all it takes! You know that connection you just have with certain people? You know that you will be forever friends! So, not only did Amy nominate me but Jill from ABC's and Polka Dots and Carol from Super Sparkly in Second did, too! Thanks for the love, ladies!! Check out their blogs and nominations!





Since Amy nominated me first, I am going to answer her Q & A:

1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
        If I could be any animal, I would love to be a Panda. First off they are total cute! And they sit around rolling around and eating all day!! 

2. Have you read any thing lately? If so, what? Tell a little bit about it. 
        I read the Pre-K packet for my son Aidan. I will be honest and say that I haven't ready anything PD this summer. I do way too much PD during the school year and if I had to read something I might join the "Teach Like a Pirate" bandwagon. 


3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? 
         I am going to sound shallow and girly here-- I would love to be a make-up artist! I love make-up and always get compliments on my make-up so I would love a job where I get to make people pretty all day! 


4. What is your favorite T.V. Show? 
          Golden Girls!! I have seen EVERY episode and can pretty much quote it!

5. What hobby do you have?
          I love to cook, bake, and be crafty! 

6. What is your favorite store at the mall? 
          That's a toss-up between H & M and MAC makeup.

7. What would be the perfect hours for a school day and why? 
          I think 8:30- 2:30 because I sometimes have a hard time getting to school with 2 boys and 2:30 because it makes sense... LOL! 

8. If you could go any where in the world where would it be and why? 
           I would love to go to Fiji or Hawaii.. anywhere tropical because I love white sand and clear water. Oh, and drink out of a fresh coconut! Nothing like it!! They just seem so peaceful! 

9. If you could win any prize what would it be? (Grammy, Oscar, Emmy, Pulitzer, Olympic, Nobel Peace Prize or any other)
            I already won a prize that I am most proud of... Teacher of the Year for my school. It would have been nice to win for the county/state but I am happy with what I earned. Next on my NBCT but that will be a work in progress!!

10. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?
           I love math and science... Maybe it's the Asian nerd in me. Math and Science always just made sense and its logical. Not that I don't like the other subjects-- I DO! But Math and Science are my favourites!!

11. What is your dream vacation? 
          I would love a vacation to Europe-- Ireland, Spain, Italy. Then maybe some Asian countries! It is not a problem to go to these places (my hubby is a pilot) but affording to go there!!!! If only....

Now to the 11 Random Facts about me:
1. My food cannot touch on my plate! It totally grosses me out! Brian (DH) swears that I need to eat from the partitioned cafeteria trays!

2. I really do swear like a sailor! I keep it in check at school but I have been known to drop a few F* Bombs or 10--in a sentence... LOL! 

3. I love cats! Cats are my favourite animal! Not much of a dog lover although I like dogs but if I had to choose-- I would pick a cat over a dog any day.

4. I don't like crowded places-- they make me nervous. I get very agitated when I see a large crowd so much that I want to turn around and go home. It's bad. 

5. I LOVE cartoons. I enjoy watching them with my kiddos and we laugh and laugh!!

6. I actually went to school to become a doctor! I was pre-med (majored in Psychology) and took all my classes, took MCATS and then decided that I didn't want to be a doctor. Finished out classes at UF and did behaviour therapies for autistic children-- didn't like that. Decided that I always wanted to be a teacher and here I am!

7. I am a bit of a TV snob in that I only watch a few things-- True Blood, Big Bang Theory, Golden Girls, and Duck Dynasty. Occasionally Millionaire Matchmaker. I really love cooking shows though! 

8. I love the FLORIDA GATORS!! Its my Alma Mater and I bleed orange and blue. Go Gators! 

9. I like to flip pancakes. Sounds dumb but whenever I make pancakes for my kids I like to flip them in the pan. Ha!

10. I like banana flavoured things but I cannot stand to eat bananas (insert your own joke here! Brian makes fun of me for this! Haha!)! Again-- sounds dumb but its a texture thing! Yuck! 

11. I have 3 tattoos. Tramp stamps to be exact. Japanese symbols of love, good luck/happiness, and evil. I know you are thinking WTH did she get "evil" for? Well, you have to have balance. Now I was assured by a Japanese friend that these symbols are true and they don't say "Dog Fart" or something else insane or grotesque like that! I got them when I was 18-20 and it was a liberating thing for me. I remember when my Dad (who is very Filipino and still very naive about a lot of things) saw it... He thought they were stickers! LOL! I love my dad!!!

Okay! Wow! That was probably more than you wanted to know about me! Yes, I keep it real and this is who I really am! I really am a nice person (don't let the sailor thing bother you... LOL!) who loves to laugh and share ideas with other teachers. I have a passion for my family, friends, and especially teaching my first graders! I work very hard at what I do and will always give 200%! 

So many wonderful blogs that I subscribe to have already been nominated to I went on a quest to find new ones or ones that haven't been nominated yet and I came across these adorable ones that I wanted to nominate:


Here are my "rules" for accepting this nomination: 

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination. 


I hope that you will accept my nominations! I have toured each of your blogs and find them beloved, cute, lovely, dearest! Here are my 11 questions for you:

1. Describe your teaching style in 4 words.
2. What do you like best about your school?
3. What is your favourite teaching tool that you could not live without?
4. What is your favourite subject to teach? Why?
5. What advice about teaching could you pass on to a future teacher that you WISH someone had told you? 
6. What is your nickname? (If you have one?) Or if you didn't have one-- what are the names of your pets and why did you choose those names?
7. What is your best trait?
8. What is your worst trait?
9. If you could be a superhero, what would your name and super power be?
10. What era do you wish you could have lived in? Why?
11. Who was your favourite teacher in school? Why? 

This was a really long post! Don't forget about my giveaway going on!! 


You can win this plus a $15 TPT gift certificate!!


7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading about you!! I think you are like my Asian-east coast dopelganger...seriously! We have a lot in common:) I appreciate the nom, even if I already accepted one from another blog. That is too sweet of you!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, boo! I thought I was the first to nominate you. ^_^ Your answers were fun to read. It's nice to know there's another teacher-blogger who swears like me.

    Carol
    Super Sparkly in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your nomination was sweet, Carol! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your post was so much fun to read! I didn't know you had tattoos! I'm just blown away!!! You're a wild girl! How cow! Swearin like a sailor! Not liking crowded places! We have a lot in common! Loveee it! Keepin it real! Priceless!!! I'll never forget this post!!! I have a big smile on! Never forget it!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Things and people and have changed since we were in middle school, right Amy?? haha! I know-- tattoos, swearing, tell it how it is... I think the only things that changed about me were the tattoos. Well, actually I was shy when I was younger-- still am to a certain degree. Thanks again for the nomination!

      Love you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Leslie!
    I found your blog on Jill's ABCs and PolkaDots blog! I loved reading all about you! You seem really fun and I love that you are so real! I love makeup too!!!! I am your newest follower and look forward to getting to know you this year in the blogging world! Your blog is adorable!
    Jaimie Knudson
    kinderworldway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete